bag of new potatoes (about two pounds?)
1 small onion
8 cubes of Trader Joes frozen chopped garlic
a few spoonfuls of romano cheese
a few tablespoons olive oil
kosher or flake salt
fresh ground pepper
thyme (dried or chopped from the garden)
Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Wash and quarter the potatoes
- slice the onion in half and then in thin "half moons"
- mix potatoes, olive oil, cheese and spices in a large bowl
- split potatoes between two large sheets of aluminum foil, and make a flat "packet" of each
- grill for 10 minutes per side