Monday, June 30, 2008

Lime-jalapeno grilled chicken wraps

Marinate chicken breasts in lime juice with canned jalapenos overnight. Drain the juice off, and grill the chicken. Allow to cool, or else you'll burn your fingers shredding the chicken.

Shred the chicken with your fingers (not aiming for perfection here). Mix in one pound of frozen corn - preferably frozen ROASTED corn from Trader Joes. Mix in one jar of your favorite salsa verde. Add the juice of a couple limes, some garlic powder or chopped garlic, some ground Ancho or ground chili pepper, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Microwave sliced bell peppers (multiple colors is GREAT!) and mix them in as well.

We ate this all last week. I made nachos with it (sprinkle mixture over corn chips, add some shredded cheddar, broil for a few minutes then finish the presentation with a scoop each of guacamole and sour cream), wraps (serve warm, with cheese in a tortilla), and ate it cold on salad. The resident Southerner was well pleased. He topped every variation with hot sauce and/or hot salsa.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo! I'm so excited that you have a blog! I just subscribed! We have a home blog at: http://blog.thekeenehouse.com
Sarah

Denae said...

Hey Karen just stopped by to see your blog! Cute! I'm sure I'll check back for more cooking inspiration. I still remember those cookies we made for UCF christmad party and how shocked we were when they didn't win(still think they shoulda won) any ways I'v got a blog too my slink is on my facebook, I think...

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, it's Sarah (Adams) Tillman. I found your blog through facebook and I'm terrifically excited - cooking is a passion of mine (though not necessarily a talent!). We've started a blog at www.hopefulfarmers.wordpress.com. I think I'll try your lime jalapeno chicken. That sounds amazing. Hope things are well with you!