Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Santa knows I love my kitchen toys...

Christmas and my birthday fall in the same week. This year my loved ones were very, very good to my favorite room (some of which came by way of Williams Sonoma gift cards):

A fondue pot, bought on clearance at Williams and Sonoma, with a gift card (it will probably be used for serving cheese fondue when having a cord running to the table isn't quite convenient):



I just ordered this one with my remaining gift card balance. The juices from carving the meat run into the bowl, so you can put it back into the gravy or pan sauce.
Ok, I'll admit I did NOT need this in any way. But just in case, I get a last minute call to be a contestant on Top Chef, I'll look prepared when they ask me to pack my knives and go at the end of the very first episode:



New cheese service:




a SHUN Santoku knife!!




A spider: (the slotted spoon on the left - good for lifting food from hot oil or boiling water):





Cookie scented candles - less calories than the real thing:


A small casserole dish with carrying case:




A marvelous new roasting pan:





A covered Le Creuset skillet - a steal - $99 at Williams Sonoma, purchased with gift cards!



Quesadilla maker:



A personalized still life - inspired by one of my soups!



A stress mat - for long periods on your feet stirring or chopping:




And two new cookbooks:




























3 comments:

Kass said...

So which ones will you REALLY use?

Anonymous said...

Obviously the painting is the most useful gift she received. ;)

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I love all your goodies! I have a skillet like yours in red! I've had it a few years and it's great! I'd love for you to stop by my Tasty Tuesday blog party with some of your great food one day! I really like your blog and thanks for the recipe!
-Kim