Saturday, July 12, 2008

Three Berry Pie


I think this is officially a "deep dish" pie, because I only put a top crust on it. But this would actually be a "shallow dish" pie if there was such a thing - it probably is only enough for four people. Because I have yet to remaster the art of making pie dough (I could in my teens, but lost the touch), and I only had one roll out pie dough in my refrigerator.

Combine:
1 pint blueberries - they were a bit old - when they start to look like raisins
5 large strawberries
about 3/4 cup of frozen raspberries

mix together:
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspons cornstarch

Mix the sugar into the berries and pour into a pretty tart pan. Top with pie crust - I cut mine into long strips and made a lazy man's lattice.

Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, then turn down to 350 and bake another 30 - until the juices are nice and bubbly and the crust is starting to brown.

Serve with vanilla ice cream!

No comments: