Monday, August 18, 2008

Open Faced Turkey Meatball Sandwiches with Fresh Tomatoes and Peppers

Someone asked me recently if I could do a meal in twenty or thirty minutes. So I decided to set the timer and see if I could!

Ingredients:
1 onion
2 bell peppers
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen turkey meatballs
3 large tomatoes
handful of fresh basil
salt, pepper
oregano, garlic, thyme
2 rolls, or 4 slices of toast



First I set the timer:













Then I started the pot on the stove, and added some olive oil.



I peeled an onion, chopped it in half, and sliced the halves into slices:









Into the pot went the slices.


Then I roughly sliced the bell peppers:







Meanwhile, the meatballs went into a bowl and into the microwave. (just to warm - these were fully cooked ones. I think these came from Aldi. Other stores carry similar products)













Stir the onion and peppers, and season with salt and pepper.

Then chop the tomatoes:











Add the tomatoes to the pot, along with about 2 teaspoons of oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, and a few cloves of garlic (or the frozen or dried equivilant).

I cut the meatballs in half. Then add them to the pot.


Add some chopped basil (or dried).










Scoop mixture over an opened roll. Top with some shredded cheese.

No comments: