Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hearty Breakfast Burritos

I made breakfast burritos for the first time last weekend. I believe I can honestly say it was the first time I was trying to recreate a fast food dish - McDonald's breakfast burritos. (or at least something similar.

First, brown one roll of hot sausage:



Shred, grate or dice an onion and some potatoes, and start them cooking in a separate pan. Season with salt and pepper. Chop a pepper and add to the mix:



Break and mix some eggs. I think I used 8 jumbo, but this ended up being a huge batch.


I used my Tupperware quick shake to mix the eggs. A bowl and fork would also suffice.


Combine sausage with potato mixture (my sausage did not give off much fat, but if it did make sure to drain and discard the grease) . Add the egg mixture, and "scramble" until eggs are cooked.

I had guacamole in my freezer, so I spread some on tortillas:



Then fill with mixture and roll up. Serve with your favorite salsa:

No comments: